20 doctors talk about their experience with the low carb ketogenic diet.
PBN INSIDERS: https://plantbasednews.org/insiders
In association with:
The introduction was taken from PlantPure Nation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_i_vp9Vfho
1. De Biase SG, Fernandes SFC, Gianini RJ, Duarte JLG. Vegetarian diet and cholesterol and triglycerides levels. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2007 Jan;88(1):35–9.
2. Saslow LR, Mason AE, Kim S, Goldman V, Ploutz-Snyder R, Bayandorian H, et al. An Online Intervention Comparing a Very Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations Versus a Plate Method Diet in Overweight Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Med Internet Res. 2017 Feb 13;19(2):e36.
3. Tay J, Luscombe-Marsh ND, Thompson CH, Noakes M, Buckley JD, Wittert GA, et al. Comparison of low- and high-carbohydrate diets for type 2 diabetes management: a randomized trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2015 Oct;102(4):780–90.
4. Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution, low carbohydrate diet, control blood sugars [Internet]. Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution. A Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars. Official Web Site. [cited 2016 Mar 5]. Available from: http://www.diabetes-book.com/
5. Hu T, Mills KT, Yao L, Demanelis K, Eloustaz M, Yancy WS, et al. Effects of Low-Carbohydrate Diets Versus Low-Fat Diets on Metabolic Risk Factors: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials. Am J Epidemiol. 2012 Oct 1;176(Suppl 7):S44–54.
6. de Bock M, Lobley K, Anderson D, Davis E, Donaghue K, Pappas M, et al. Endocrine and metabolic consequences due to restrictive carbohydrate diets in children with type 1 diabetes: An illustrative case series. Pediatr Diabetes. 2017 Apr 11;
7. Noakes TD, Windt J. Evidence that supports the prescription of low-carbohydrate high-fat diets: a narrative review. Br J Sports Med. 2017 Jan;51(2):133–9.
8. Noto H, Goto A, Tsujimoto T, Noda M. Low-Carbohydrate Diets and All-Cause Mortality: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2013 Jan 25 [cited 2014 May 9];8(1). Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3555979/
9. Ranjan A, Schmidt S, Damm-Frydenberg C, Holst J, Madsbad S, Nørgaard K. Short-term Effects of Low Carbohydrate Diet on Glycaemic Parameters and Cardiovascular Risk Markers in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes - A Randomised Open-label Cross-over Trial. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2017 Mar 27;
10. Snorgaard O, Poulsen GM, Andersen HK, Astrup A. Systematic review and meta-analysis of dietary carbohydrate restriction in patients with type 2 diabetes. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2017;5(1):e000354.
11. Hegsted DM, McGandy RB, Myers ML, Stare FJ. Quantitative effects of dietary fat on serum cholesterol in man. Am J Clin Nutr. 1965 Nov;17(5):281–95.
12. Grundy SM, Barrett-Connor E, Rudel LL, Miettinen T, Spector AA. Workshop on the impact of dietary cholesterol on plasma lipoproteins and atherogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1988 Jan 1;8(1):95–101.
13. Hopkins PN. Effects of dietary cholesterol on serum cholesterol: a meta-analysis and review. Am J Clin Nutr. 1992 Jun 1;55(6):1060–70.
14. Ference BA, Mahajan N. The Role of Early LDL Lowering to Prevent the Onset of Atherosclerotic Disease. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2013 Apr 1;15(4):312.
15. Kahn HA, Phillips RL, Snowdon DA, Choi W. Association between reported diet and all-cause mortality. Twenty-one-year follow-up on 27,530 adult Seventh-Day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol. 1984 May;119(5):775–87.
16. Orlich MJ, Singh PN, Sabaté J, Jaceldo-Siegl K, Fan J, Knutsen S, et al. Vegetarian Dietary Patterns and Mortality in Adventist Health Study 2. JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Jul 8;173(13):1230–8.
17. Levine ME, Suarez JA, Brandhorst S, Balasubramanian P, Cheng C-W, Madia F, et al. Low protein intake is associated with a major reduction in IGF-1, cancer, and overall mortality in the 65 and younger but not older population. Cell Metab. 2014 Mar 4;19(3):407–17.
18. Song M, Fung TT, Hu FB, Willett WC, Longo VD, Chan AT, et al. Association of Animal and Plant Protein Intake With All-Cause and Cause-Specific Mortality. JAMA Intern Med. 2016 Aug 1;
19. Rohrmann S, Overvad K, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, Jakobsen MU, Egeberg R, Tjønneland A, et al. Meat consumption and mortality--results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition.
20. Djoussé L, Gaziano JM. Egg consumption in relation to cardiovascular disease and mortality: the Physicians’ Health Study.
21. Fung TT, van Dam RM, Hankinson SE, Stampfer M, Willett WC, Hu FB. Low-carbohydrate diets and all-cause and cause-specific mortality: Two cohort Studies.