This Video is about " How to Study in Germany For Free" By Anchor Devyani.
Visit http://www.freshersworld.com?src=Youtube for Job openings through out India
Since you’ve decided on Germany as your study abroad destination – it’s time to choose the right course and university for you. The German Academic Exchange Service i.e. Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) which has a database of almost 17,000 programs available to search from, including 88 programs in English. This organisation is funded by foreign ministry of Germany and by the ministry of education & research which means it is a non-profit organisation and doesn’t charge any fees from the students. This organisation’s Indian HQs is in Delhi followed by 4 more centres in India; Being in Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore & Chennai. And hold your breath guys because this is one of the largest organisation in the world which lately in 2016 provided scholarship to 1 lakh students
You may also like to consider the latest rankings of the top universities in Germany while making your decision, or check the latest QS World University Rankings by Subject to find the top German institutions in your field. But it is important to understand that you have to find the course first and then select the university. Because ranking of top most universities doesn’t make any sense if it doesn’t provide the course that you need.
To still few some names for you, Some of the largest public universities include:
• University of Cologne
• Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU)
• University of Duisburg-Essen
• Universität Hamburg
• Technical University of Munich (TUM) etc
2. Check the admission requirements Admissions test
Before applying, check that your current qualifications are recognized by your chosen university. To study in Germany you need to have a recognized Hochschulzugangsberechtigung (HZB), meaning ‘higher education entrance qualification’. This can come in many formats, which depends university to university. You can go to www.daad.de/deutschland /en/ and search for various programs universities, eligibility and so on.
Now You’ll also need to check the language requirements. Mostly it is 80-20 scenario where 80 percent of the courses are in English but the rest 20 is in German. So guys to begin with you need to at-least know A2 level of German. But like any other country, Germany requires you to prove your knowledge of the English language with a test such as IELTS or TOEFL. Universities will usually state the score/s they require on their websites.
Before proceeding any further, we need to understand completely that are there any tuition fees in Germany?
As I said, you can study in Germany for free - but there are a few exceptions:
• Only public universities are tuition-free
• German universities are distinguish between Technical universities & Universities of Applied Sciences which are known as “Fachhochschule” or “Hochschule” that means “consecutive” and “non-consecutive” Master’s programmes. Consecutive programmes are those that you can enrol in immediately after you finish your Bachelor’s degree. Non-consecutive programmes, such as “Executive MBAs”, usually require that students have many years of work experience. Here non-consecutive study programmes usually cost tuition fees, even at public universities.
• From 2017 on, public universities in the state of Baden-Württemberg can charge tuition fees from non-EU/EEA students. The tuition fees are set at 1,500 euros per semester - which is still much more affordable than in many other countries in Europe.
What scholarships are available to study abroad in Germany?
There are many scholarships for foreign students in Germany. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has an official scholarship database which allows you to search for suitable scholarship options, e.g. based on your country of origin. Like I said that there are no tuition fees; although it is required for every students to have a back up to survive in Germany.
For more jobs & career information and daily job alerts, subscribe to our channel and support us. You can also install our Mobile app for govt jobs for getting regular notifications on your mobile.
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 job portal for freshers jobs in India.
Check Out website for more Jobs & Careers.
***Disclaimer: This is just a career guidance video for fresher candidates. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective companies. The career and job information mentioned are an indicative generalised information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect recruitment process of the respective companies.