1. Enrollment - Money, time, emotion.the job of the course isn’t to cajole, it’s to transform. Enrollment—in the outcome and the process—is the secret of effective education.
2. Intentional Tension - Creating tension takes intention. It requires more work than offering autopilot. It requires synchronous experiences, higher standards of action taking, challenging thinking, and vulnerability. It requires experiences instead of theories. Peer review instead of lectures.We learn what we do, not what we’re told.
3. Choosing Enthusiasm - Filter students by enthusiasm vs. Pedigree. every admitted student shares the same mindset of seeking true growth
4. The Sojourner Effect - Having other people walking the same path. This creates community, a point of reference, and a tide that rises all boats. Positive peer pressure creates an environment of improvement. They think they’re paying for the coach, but they’re paying for an environment of learning. Everyone makes promises, everyone shows up, everyone connects.
5. In Sync - Move everyone through at the same pace. Synchronous
6. Making Dad Proud - People don’t want to let down the leader.
7. Divide and Serve - Take the focus off of “the king” and spread the responsibility to the capable coaching staff.
8. Tools As Bridges - Effective digital communication tools (not Facebook) multiply impact and save time. They allow for people to connect more deeply and consistently and track information that would otherwise be lost.
9. Less Options - Mandatory shipping. One plan.
10. A Plan - Beginning and end and everything in between.
11. Assumed Success - When there’s been so much success no one wants to be in the quitters group. This is 100% pride.